Sunday, September 14, 2008

Octopussy

Terrible name, but it came up as I struggled through technical aspects of this design. Four more weeks to go and so many things to do. Ideas are slowly solidifying but I have to make sure I keep on top of things so I don't seem all over the place.

Lines are still here, dominant, strong but are realizing themselves is so many different formats. I am so pleased. I have had numerous discussions with my fellow artists, jewelers, designers about the fear of not having ideas come anymore. When I was in Croatia, there were no ideas. I literally didn't think about anything. And once in a while a thought would creep in about how I don't have ideas how am I going to go back and work and work through to the show. I have 15 pieces done, in work or thought out, but 4 more of unrealized potential. And with each and every design I learn to let go a little more. And so they slowly come, like the octopussy idea that blurted through in one morning commute to HB. It was quick, I wasn't sure if it would stick, if it was solid and strong enough to stick, but then I am half way there through it and am embracing it.

I love moments like that because it reminds me that the artist in me is an intuitive part of me, something that cannot get pie-charted (the nickname Kev made up for me) something I have no control of and when it does show up in a 2d and 3d format it is an exciting moment in my life.

No comments: