Saturday, June 14, 2008

Homage to Brooklyn and et cetera








Ah yes, the times I've thought about this project and how many times it has changed. I'm notorious for making things more complicated than they need to be, but this time I exercised caution.




I made 3 out of 4 of the pieces for this small Brooklyn dedicated collection. I thought about making it more arty and slightly less accessible, but then again I wanted it to be worn. The shapes of the nails are so wonderful and I kept it simple. So far I'm pleased with the result. I even added a tiny diamond on the ring, just a little surprise. It's easy to miss it.
Kev bought flowers for me the other day. It was this wonderful bouqet of thistle flowers. He said, "If I brought this to any other girl they'd say it's disguisting, but I know you would appreciate the texture and the shapes of these flowers." I love little notes like that it makes me happy and it's wonderful sometimes how well he knows me.








No comments: