Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In progress

Work for the exhibit is coming along. In the midst of all the press and blog activity last week, I finally ventured into the new idea yesterday. It was a good and a bad day to start something. I felt tired but I was partially motivated. But I inched on forward I wanted to see if this is the piece I will take to the next level. I think I like the way it's going. The name could be "A piece of New York", or something relating to the physical space I live in. I had the slate piece for a long time and I wanted to include it into the work as a token of remembering other building blcoks of this town.
Seems to be a complex piece, as seen in my overly elaborate soldering set up.

This morning I took a photo of my spring 3 graces. I picked them up at the farmers market on Saturday and they are slowly opening up. It was wonderful to sit down to do some personal work and meditation while taking a look and seeing them slowly open. It brings up the orange in our bedroom discussion, which will soon have to be really thought about. Kevin's desk is coming along quite wonderfully and within a couple of weeks I hope to have it in the room. The room needs a paint job and I think a splash of color. Orange and walnut I love so I hope to try for it again.

No comments: