Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homage to Brooklyn





A lazy Sunday. I think I envisioned this one at the beginning of last week. Somehow in this new mode, I haven't the time to really relax.


Today was yoga, followed by a video on Brasil, then an attempt to make pizza dough that ended up with watery flour. We walked over to w'burg and had pizza at Fornino and then took a walk to the 8th street park. I love that park, because as Kev says it's the anti-park. Not groomed, not organized just carved from what used to be access to the East River through the shipyards. We threw rocks in the water, unsuccessfuly "skipping" and then Kev found the rusty nail.



It got me started and now I'm going to do a little small collection on the "Homage to Brooklyn" idea. I'm sure it's been done before, but I love the way these look and they'll make a fun little ensemble of jewels. I think it would sit well in "Slikar" gallery, my new visit to Sarajevo in a few months. I need to do some work for that and this will be a good way to do something that represents where I am, physically at least.



No comments: