Saturday, April 26, 2008

working away and collaboration thingies










Well, I finally got around to starting and finishing the bridal project I have going on for my old neighbour. It's been awhile since I've made something more sculptural like that. It involved starting from thick and ending with thin. Hammering, filing, hammering some more, filing sanding...lots of work. I think they came out quite nice.






On the other hand, I've thought again about collaboration. I sometimes read different blogs by artists whose work I like camillaengman.blogspot.com and I love to see people collaborating. This blog world that exists out there has brought together people that would've otherwise never met. I've said numerous times that there's a design network out there, these women/men who are making art and pushing each other, promoting, buying, collaborating. It's quite amazing and quite inspiring. Not to say that because I read about collaboration I feel like I should do the same, but this notion has come up numerous times before and I think it would be nice for it to come to fruition. I've done one with Staci http://stacisnider.com a few months back and it was quite fun. Perhaps there'll be another one on the horizon soon.

No comments: